Friday, January 9, 2015

Easter at Christmas

For the last two weeks I have been privileged to be on pilgrimage in the Holy Land. Beginning in Netanya at the church marking the spot where St Peter had a vision which made all things clean and fit for us to eat (e.g. bacon) to Mt Carmel and the place where God showed his power over the false prophets of Baal through His own prophet Elijah. 

From there we went down to Nazareth and the rest of Galilee where we commemorated so much of the Lord's life and ministry; healings and the walking on water and the multiplication of loaves and fish and the Sermon on the Mount.

After that we crossed the Jordan River and visited many places in the life of John the Baptist including the Baptism of the Lord and the site of John's martyrdom, the mountain palace of Mukawer.

But it is here in Jerusalem that we have reached the pinnacle of our journey. We have climbed Calvary and this morning we had mass at the tomb of the Lord.

This day I have been privileged to see with my own eyes.

The tomb is empty.

He is risen!

He is risen indeed!

(I apologize for the lack of photos. I can't seem to add them from my phone. I will do a photo laden post once I return to the states.)

No comments:

Post a Comment