Monday, August 27, 2012

Top of the Ninth: Indians vs Yankees


Our first weekend back at seminary, we went to Cleveland for some baseball! About seventy seminarians from the Josephinum went to the ball game and we had a Grand Slam of a time! Pictured on the left is seminarian Peter Freundl who began his first year of studies in the College of Liberal Arts! 

On our way to the ballpark we prayed evening prayer, prayed a communal rosary, and just had some wonderful brotherhood time as we traveled to Cleveland. I was able to catch up with a few returning seminarians as well as meeting so many amazing new seminarians from all over the United States. Pictured below are many of the seminarians at the game.

Peter and I after we found our seats set out to find some food! Yes, and Peter was savvy with his pocket book. I think he got the best deal for pizza in the whole ball park! We got back to our seats and all I did was stare at the grass thinking how do they cut that? After pondering for a brief moment or two I started watching the game and joining in with all the cheers! I couldn't help but sing: "Take me out to the ball game!" Of course there was a little bit of me that wanted to go find the organ and play it too!

And the game was a blast: 3-1, Indians won! And they gave an amazing fireworks display at the end of the night! It was a wonderful fraternal event filled with fun and prayer!