Sunday, April 8, 2012

With the Curé d'Ars

St. John Vianney
O my God, I love You and my sole  desire is to love You until the last breath of my life. I love You, O infinitely lovable God, and I prefer to die loving You than live one instant without loving You. I love You, O my God, and I desire heaven only so as to have the joy of loving You perfectly. O my God, if my tongue cannot say in every moment that I love You, I want my heart to repeat it to You as often as I draw breath. I love You, O my Divine Savior, because You were crucified for me, and You keep me here below crucified for You. My God, grant me the grace to die loving You and know that I love You. Amen
-St. John Vianney 

Pray for me this week as I travel to Ars for a retreat with some other seminarians. Ars is a small village in France where St. John Vianney in the 19th century worked as a humble parish priest. He is the patron saint of parish priests. Be assured of my prayers this week for you all.