Thursday, April 5, 2012

Oil of Gladness

This morning, I went to the Diocese of Rome's Chrism Mass celebrated by the Holy Father and concelebrated by Cardinals, Bishops and thousands of priests. Even though I was in the most beautiful church in the world at a  beautiful Mass celebrated by the Holy Father himself, my thoughts and prayers turned to the humble cathedral of St. Mary's Our Lady of Mt. Carmel in Gaylord, Michigan. It is a great privilege to be here in the Eternal City during the holiest time of the year, yet my heart is back home. I always loved going to the Chrism Mass in Gaylord. In high school, I'd even skip class to attend the Mass. I especially liked seeing all the priests who would gather from all parts of the diocese. I was (and still am) inspired by the intense brotherhood of priests of the Diocese of Gaylord.

May God grant you all a blessed and sacred celebration of the Triduum.