Here are a few of my classes this semester:
- Introduction to Christian Worship: I have a great love or the Liturgy so this class should be one of my favorites.
- World's Religions: A quick survey of the beliefs of the world's great religions - especially New Age Spirituality which is especially popular these days as an alternative to "organized" religion.
- Synoptic Gospels: A indepth study of the Gospels according to Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Obviously the Gospels are at the heart of the Christian life so this class should be especially insightful
- Fundamental Moral Theology: I heard that this class will blow me out of the water with its depth and richness. It is taught by a theologian that the Holy Father has appointed as his personal theological adviser.
- Acts of the Apostles: Same method as the Synoptics class...
- Christian Archaeology: Most of this class will be spent exploring the ancient churches of Rome and learning about ancient Christianity through archaeology.
- Patriology: This class will focus on the early Church Father's and their seminal writings
- Eschatology: This is the study of "last things". Specifically concerning the theology of heaven, hell, purgatory and the second coming of Christ. Should be fascinating.
A pretty full semester, but one that I pray will be full of grace.