Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A fresh start

With the end of exams at the Angelicum last Friday, the second semester began on Monday. After more than 10 days off after I finished my exams I was ready to make the 3k trek across Rome once again to commence a new semester. I'm really excited about this semester for a few reasons: 1) I think that I'm going to really like my classes this semester. 2) With my first semester in a new system under my belt, I feel less anxious and prepared to study more effectively. 3) Its just a great privilege to be studying what I've wanted to study since high school: Theology.

Here are a few of my classes this semester:
  • Introduction to Christian Worship: I have a great love or the Liturgy so this class should be one of my favorites.
  • World's Religions: A quick survey of the beliefs of the world's great religions - especially New Age Spirituality which is especially popular these days as an alternative to "organized" religion.
  • Synoptic Gospels: A indepth study of the Gospels according to Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Obviously the Gospels are at the heart of the Christian life so this class should be especially insightful
  • Fundamental Moral Theology: I heard that this class will blow me out of the water with its depth and richness. It is taught by a theologian that the Holy Father has appointed as his personal theological adviser.
  • Acts of the Apostles: Same method as the Synoptics class...
  • Christian Archaeology: Most of this class will be spent exploring the ancient churches of Rome and learning about ancient Christianity through archaeology.
  • Patriology: This class will focus on the early Church Father's and their seminal writings
  • Eschatology: This is the study of "last things". Specifically concerning the theology of heaven, hell, purgatory and the second coming of Christ. Should be fascinating.
A pretty full semester, but one that I pray will be full of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment