Monday, July 11, 2011

Land of Enchantment

Last week I took a vacation. I flew to Albuquerque, New Mexico. I stayed with Michael, a seminarian of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe. His family owns a beautiful Bed and Breakfast. I left from Detroit on Saturday and came back last Thursday. The weather in Albuquerque is actually really nice this time of year. I thought it would be too hot to run, but I found the early morning were perfect for running. I even got a chance to run with Micheal's father who is a world class marathoner from Poland.



At one point, there must have been almost 15 seminarians gathered at Michael's house. Guys flew in from Columbus and Kentucky and car load drove in from Phoenix. It was really nice to spend some time with other seminarians. We all decided that we need to take a vacation together every summer. After a tram ride up the side of the Sandia Mountain, we decided some day our vacation will have to include a multi-day hike up and around the Sandia Mountain. I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment