Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Great Lakes Relay



Last weekend I ran the Great Lakes Relay across Michigan. I ran on a team of 10 guys from other small colleges in Michigan. This was my first GLR. The race started in Oscoda on Friday and then proceeded through the Huron National forest for three days. Day one ended in Fairvew and day two ended in Grayling. On Sunday the race finished in Empire. The team I was on (Eric Green and the Legion of Doom) finished the relay in 3rd place out of 90 sum teams participating. The weekend was a lot of fun but a lot of work. I now really appreciate just how large the national forest really is! Saturday evening, after running a total of 14 miles through the woods, I drove to St. Mary's in Grayling for Mass. I didn't have any way to shower so I walked into the church sweaty, bleeding and really tired. I cleaned myself up and went to Mass. Luckily Fr. Wayne recognized me offered to have the rectory opened up so that I could take a proper shower.


All in all it was a great weekend of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment